Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Books..

You know books that change your viewpoint of everyday life? Well, "The
Reader" by Bernard Schlink did just that...

It was reminiscent to me of "Angela's Ashes"...they way I actually felt
hungry while reading it because people were starving.

I initially picked it up at the library book sale on Friday night for
.50 cents in the non-collection, overpriced area of the Annual Library
book sale of book seekers, body to body, like Mardi Gras on Bourbon
Street in New Orleans. I picked it up last night before I went to bed
and finished it during my lunch hour to day. It was just that powerful
and unlike any book I have ever read. A very fast read, like "Angela's
Ashes". I see it a book that will be required reading in the years to
come. It was an Oprah book club pick...I am usually disappointed in her
selections and pleasantly surprised she picked something like this.

I only wanted to read it so I could compare Kate Winslet's character in
her Oscar Winning Role and extremely satisfied that I did. I cannot
wait to see the movie tonight and pray they did the book justice!

It was worth every penny of the .50 cents I paid for it.

No comments: