Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nicknames...on my mind

This may not be of any kind of intellectual topic but it is on my mine...

I understand why people get them. Shortening names to Jen, Tim, or initials makes it easier for kids to spell and say. But what drives me is when people go by their middle names. Why don’t you just go by what you are named? Do you hate your first name so much that you don’t go by it? Why did your parents name you something you don’t go by? Who the hell started calling you by your middle name?

My cousin goes by C. Ed on documents. When he was born, my aunt asked my husband what he wanted to name his son. He said, “I don’t care what you name him, but I am going to call him Eddy." So, what did his my aunt do? Named him Charles Edward so on all of his official documents, he is C. Ed.

It is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of in my life and I have to be related to them...

I work with 2 people like that…I work with Susan but her real first name is Barbara and John whose real first name is William…so all of their official documents are under. *Susan* has the nerve to get mad when slip up and call her Barbara. Sigh…please, people, just name them what you are going to call them.

No comments: