Thursday, December 25, 2008

Reverance

I usually don’t go to Midnight Mass because when I went with my mom at 11 or so, the church was so packed with people, it made it quite unpleasant. My mom said “I had NO IDEA ‘so and so’ was Catholic”. Anyway, since I missed the last Sunday in Advent, I thought I better go to at least one Mass on Christmas.
I saw some people I hadn’t seen in 100 years. In particular, I saw 3 sisters who I have known my whole life. These girls were never very pretty but they worked with what they had and could because they came from money. Their mom was my pre-school teacher a 100 years ago and their family seem to always have their hand into some money making plan that suits their needs at the time. As I looked at these women I knew as girls, I was taken aback. None of them could sit still during Mass; they couldn’t control themselves from turning around and looking at people, fidgeting with their hair, whispering and just really unbelievable. I know you come from money; a lot of things can be excused but at 33+++ for each of those girls is really unacceptable. I know the saying “you are always 17 in your hometown” BS but at 17, you should be able to control yourself during Midnight Mass and show some reverence. I am surprised that they didn’t whip out their cell phones and start texting… I guess money doesn’t buy reverence or maturity.
I also have to throw in that I was jealous. Each one of them had a matching diamond earrings that I can only assume that *Santa* brought to them on Christmas Eve. I thought they must be so spoiled that their parent’s have to get them the same earrings so there is no fighting among them in their 30s for expensive gifts…
The only thing I am not jealous of is their nose/ teeth combination. OMG. I think these three girls have the ugliest noses/teeth combination I have ever seen. I would rather not get diamond earrings and have extra ass than have these nose/horse teeth combination. Each one has a different combo and each equally ugly. Maybe their rich daddy should have taken them to the plastic surgeon instead of going to the jewelry store…and they were always goofy girls so they are probably goofy, unsophisticated women…so, I know they don’t make up for their lot in life with personality…

No comments: