Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burglery and Pawn Shops

I did not know there was a connection until my friend was burglarized last weekend.

It scared me because I would feel violated as well as losing my stuff.

She asked if I would go to a few Pawn shops with her...I said sure...because I am always up to go to a store....

The first one we pulled up, we walked in our work clothes in a Mercedes Benz...I guess they don't see a lot of those at pawn shops because they wouldn't leave us alone. It was very crazy. So, if you are shopping in pawn shops, don't go in good clothes or in fancy car...they want to sell you something! LOL! We couldn't look for her stuff on the down low!

I asked someone what the weirdest thing that someone tried to pawn...it was their gold tooth filling...you must be on hard times to do something like that....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had an ex-boyfriend who gave me an engagement ring from a pawn shop. I always wondered what poor old lady's house was robbed to get that ring. OR what poor family had to pawn it to eat.

And the guy was an ass hole.

So basically, every time I remember the ring, I get a little sad.