Saturday, October 4, 2008

7-11 and the Ford Fiesta...

The funny thing that happened was when I went to buy a 6 pack of Bud Select. I was waiting in this hellacious line at 7-11. In the service world, gas stations and fast food might the lowest totem pole of the service industry. While in this long line, I get to observe the service worker in their natural habitat!
One guy is off of his shift at Taco Bell. From what I can tell, he must stop by the 7-11 to flirt with his cousins of the service industry. He said, "I need to wind down after 12 hours at Taco Bell."
The 7-11 girl goes "when did you move? I thought you worked at KFC?”"
Taco Bell Man, "Taco Bell offered me a lot more money. A LOT more money."
7-11 girl goes, "take it, man, take it."
As I was walking out with my 6 pack of Bud Select, I notice the only car left in the parking lot is a tiny white roller-skate, I mean Ford Fiesta. I was thinking that he must be at the top of the food chain because he has one of the most economical paid for cars in the whole Taco Bell parking lot! J
I hope he is saving his money from his new job at Taco Bell and doesn't blow it on the 7-11 girls!

2 comments:

Freya said...

Wow. Just wow. I can’t imagine living that life past high school. I’m pretty sure that makes me an elitist bitch, but I can’t help it. I don’t understand not wanting more than that. Then again, it is low stakes and low risk. You can’t fail if you don’t try. Plus, think of the diminished responsibility and standards applied to you.

Amenator said...

Right! I am glad I wanted more than that.