Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SWF iso Contentment within Uncertainty

My boyfriend broke up with me. It's the first break up of my thirties, and the first time I didn't do the breaking up. I'm depressed, but feeling kind of positive. I know this is one of many in a long string of relationship failures, but my psychologist assured me that sure...I've got my issues like anyone else, but i manage them well enough to function in a healthy relationship. She told me to stop dating artists and musicians. Fortunately I have lots of different interests other than art and music.

Sometimes I feel negative, thinking of how past trends might indicate an entire future brimming with disappointments, lonely nights, third-wheelies, breakups, and heartbreaks. But sometimes I feel positive...that there's a great guy out there somewhere for me and I'm going to find him. I don't want to wait forever for it, but you know...I'd like to think it's going to happen someday.

Meanwhile I'm going to try to get over the "grieving process" over losing this last guy (he's a really good guy...he just wasn't ready for a relationship). And meanwhile I'm going to focus on being happy and content, learning to calm my terrible anxieties about dating, let life happen, and enjoy it. You know...stop worrying myself to emotional pieces about relationships.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to decide what color of tile I want to put in the fireplace.

3 comments:

Freya said...

That's a good approach and a good attitude to have. It's great that you can be this positive this soon after a break up. We still need to drink alcoholic beverages.

Anonymous said...

...again...

Freya said...

and again . . .