Friday, October 3, 2008

700 Gazillion dollars later. . .

They passed the thing. I'm pretty sure we're living through the end times. The combination of this bill and Sarah Palin has pushed me over the edge--from caring desperately to WTF. Seriously.

The debate was crazy, Palin recited talking points and was folksy and blah, blah, blah. I couldn't stand her. (By the way Republicans, get that woman a vocal coach pronto)

For them to pass this bill now, after they already voted it down is crazy. The only way they could pass a hugely controversial and high cost bill is to add more controversial and expensive tax earmarks.

If the Republicans win this year, I don't know if I can deal with that. People everywhere will have to form support groups to deal with it. Coffee and lemon bars and tears and support; that's what it will take if I have to live through another four years of Republican mistakes.

On the bright side, McCain stopped campaigning in Michigan; apparently he lost all hope for winning that state. Not just stopped some campaigning, the man stopped everything. That is a good sign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(this is prefaced with a sigh) I can't fathom what it will be like if the GOP gets in again. I won't let myself think about it. I already feel like I'm being financially punished for my advanced degree.

My sister doesn't want to go to college because she doesn't want the educational debt and low income i've managed to get myself into. I don't blame her, but it break my fucking heart.

p.s. someone said that being a Republican in Oklahoma doesn't benefit anyone, as we're a poor state. People are red because they're holding tight to single issues that aren't really issues at all. It's sad....it's shooting themselves and all the rest of us in the proverbial foot. My heart sags.

Amenator said...

I sigh, too, at the thought they passed this bill on to the red, white and blue collared workers...