Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Support Group Meetings...

So, my father's dementia doctor suggested we go to a Caregiver Support Group for dementia
caregiver/patients... I found one online at Crossing Church...and boy, did I find
some support groups. I wondered around the halls and found Divorce Care
(I,II & III), Gambler Anonymous, Compulsive Eaters Anonymous, Grief
Share (I, II & III), Anger Management (Men and Women), Alcoholics
Anonymous, etc. They were laying out quite a spread of food, too, for
the breaks. They had a caterer!

Every support group BUT the dementia caregiver one...sigh...so I looked it up on the *Crossing* website and found they changed the time to noon! So disappointed!

1 comment:

Freya said...

I can't think of support groups without thinking of "Fight Club." It makes me want to go for the weird people and interesting stories. In real life, I bet it is not quite as cool as the movies. They probably don't hug men with moobs, or run into Helena Bonham Carter, or even sing about survival like in "Rent." But I bet it is still a very useful experience.