Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weddings...

To lighten up the mood...and my views of "the Debate"
I have been to and in a few in my time but one thing I can never understand is why people leave an open ar and a half way decent DJ? I could see sometimes they have a sh!tty a$$ DJ and it is dull. Or, the bar may been too expensive, aka, Gaillardia that had $7 domestic beers, $12 mixed drinks and the sh!ttiest tasting champagne…no chance of me getting drunk there…it should have said BYO-Flask on the invitation.) Anyway, the last 2 weddings I went to this summer had open bars and good DJs. People left after the cake. LEFT. Half of the crowd was gone. I couldn’t believe it. An open bar and a good DJ. Of course, these weren’t my college girls who are half alcoholics and pub crawl for charity…but still. What a waste of a DJ! Just plug in your MP3 player, get a couple dozen cupcakes from Wal-Mart and call it a day.
I will have to say the best wedding I went to was my cousin’s in Europe. The wedding lasted until 7 AM. Don’t worry, I represented the American’s and stayed until 7am. They went through over 150 liters of wine and there were only 50 people in attendance. It was great. The 2 weddings this summer were well planned very well, however, the guests were sh!tty because they left so early!  I know the next one in November in New Orleans will trump all of the ones from this summer.
When I RSVP, I RSVP to have a good time by drinking and dancing where ever I am! LOL!  I should be a professional wedding guest. LOL! OH, and I give a great toast, too. 

No comments: