Friday, August 22, 2008

Mommy, where does motivation come from?

Olympic Athletes have it, the women running on the treadmills at my gym have it, but where do they get and how on earth do I get some? And while we're at it, where does self discipline come from? I have a hard time making myself do things I don't want to do. Like not eat chocolate or get up early or go to bed on time or study. You know all the things I should do. This seems to go hand in hand with motivation.

It seems that religious people get theirs from Jesus. It helps them get up early, eat their broccoli and keep away all the evils in the world like the Jews and the gays. But how do normal people who don’t thrive on hate get motivated?

Well, if someone figures it out could you please clue me in? I'd really like to know.

1 comment:

Freya said...

I wish I knew. I could use some motivation, so if anyone has any laying about, I'll take it off your hands.

Seriously, though, while I don't personally have Jesus living in my heart, I don't belittle those that do. I have friends who are religious, and while I don't agree with it, I respect them as people and respect their beliefs. Whatever gets you through the day. Equating loving Jesus with hating Jews and gays, while sometimes accurate, is most often not accurate.