Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sexual Revolution! Ride it Cowgirl!

Ok, so our mothers burned their bras, girls today start giving head at age 11 and for what? Sex is everywhere, but people are still so afraid of it? How can something be so blatant and in your face and at the same time be so terrifyingly personal? Doctors don't know much about it, they only started studying it in the 1920s and then seriously in the 50s or so.

I mean, how can the G-spot be a debate? Everybody has elbows right? Is it more like a chin? Some people have well defined chins and some people have a neck that goes to their mouth.

And what about men, it seems that they’ve been deemed sexualy simple creatures. Really? If I was a guy that would piss me off.

Anyway Vixens, I’d love to know your thoughts on the matter.

I kissed a girl and I liked it... (god help me I love pop music.)

3 comments:

Freya said...

Hey, me too. (but not the pop music part)

Sex has been tied in with religion for a long time. The idea that it is an act performed within the confines of a certain type of relationship and for a practical purpose has been prominent for a long time. For some reason, if something is pleasurable, then you have to be very careful of it. It kind of makes sense, because you can become addicted to physical pleasure whether it be sex, drugs, or alcohol.

With the religious view of procreation, rather than sex, it is understandable, too, that they put off the scientific study of it. For one, it is an almost mystical, religious experience, and two, rules regarding the interaction of the sexes had become much more strict. Also, taking into consideration the fact that most doctors have been male until recent history, means that the study of female anatomy is historically recent, and at times very innaccurate (wandering uterus, anyone?) So I'm not surprised that there is debate over the sexual anatomy of females.

I think the idea that men are sexually simple is related to this idea, because male doctors understand how male sexuality works and because male arousal and orgasm patterns are simpler than a female's. If you've ever seen a chart of the changes in a male's body vs the changes in a female's body during sex, the guy's looks like that matterhorn game on the Price is Right. A straight rise, and then the little mountaineer falls right of the end. The woman's looks more like a real mountain range, it has peaks and valleys, and it goes higher, but there are also lower points in there. I'm not saying that I support the idea that men are sexually simple, but perhaps that their physiological reactions differ greatly.

My two cents, anyway, you know I could go on like this forever.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather go manual than wait around for some fella to figure me out. It's quicker ;)

Erin Williams said...

1) manual can't be over-rated and

2) I like how the girl in the pink leotard matches the pink font! Coolio!