Sunday, August 31, 2008

History Repeats Itself

It's happening again. A huge hurricane is going to hit LA. I don't think anyone thought that we would see this happen again for years. According to current estimates, the hurricane may go as far inland as Baton Rouge. There are also 2-3 other storms that may potentially head this direction.

The evacuation seems more orderly and successful than last time, but I can't help but think we're going to be seeing similar images on the news again. Not everyone will be leaving. Those people that just rebuilt will be losing everything again. The levees are not repaired, the city was just starting to really recover.

I'll be watching anxiously tomorrow to see what happens, I hope the best for everyone. I hope that the meteorologists are mistaken, and that it turns out to be okay. I hope that all of our people are safe and well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm relieved to see that evacuation was better organized (though it took a lot of senseless deaths and senseless violence to make it happen).