Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Office Supply Nazis

We’ve got our own office supply nazi. In character, she’s like that soviet bitch played by Cate Blanchett in the new Indiana Jones movie, The Crystal Skull. At least, what I assume about her character from the trailers. I haven’t seen it yet. This lady has a similar character and mean look on her face. I was warned when I came here that she guards the supplies jealously, and when you ask, it must be in an e-mail. She gets upset when you ask her in person. I don’t know why.

She is the department boss’s secretary, so she has the power. She’s informant, helpmeet, and distribution point for much of the evil around here. She has appointed herself the fashion police. This wouldn’t be such a terrible thing, because there are some gross fashion errors committed daily here (some probably by me). However, it is all about the dress code. They have this detailed dress code, outlawing most of the things people would want to wear. I can only assume that the point of this is to make us all believe and acknowledge the fact that we are a professional office, when most of us think we work in a call center. She likes to send out emails that have pictures, lest we forget what sleeveless shirts look like. It’s very helpful. Maybe I’ll get to post the next one. In case you girls need a reminder.

3 comments:

Chutah said...

Sounds so 1984. But my question is: Is she hot like Cate Blanchett?

Amenator said...

POST, POST, POST a picture from her! LOL! :)

Freya said...

If she was hot like Cate Blanchett, I wouldn't be calling her the office supply nazi, but would call her that Post-It Mistress or something like that. It would be a whole dom/sub scenario. Begging for post-its from a hot woman would be a lot more satisfying than the current experience. But they do have similar hairstyles.