Friday, August 22, 2008

Problem...

I have a slight problem and it is called addicted to sales. Specifically, sales at Lane Bryant and Amazon.Com.

Yes, it has turned into a bonafide problem. When the end of season clearance happens, I go crazy. I buy $12.99 dresses, $12.99 suit jackets, $12.99 bras and $4.99 tops. I know. I need to get a handle on it but $12.99 for a WHOLE DRESS? Who can resist? I cannot tell a lie and I cannot stop buying these clothes.

I base most of my root cause to overshop being that growing up, there weren't any clothes in my stupid little town that fit besides Wal-mart or JCPenny’s or Bealls. If I was lucky, something at STAGE, AKA Anthony’s was a good fit. The most exciting day is when Cato came to town. Other than that...no clothes for me!

Anyway, when I moved to the City, I was baptized in shopping. I could go to Penn Square Mall on a WEDNESDAY night...not on a Saturday. If I needed to, I could go to 2 malls in one night.
What a feeling! I discovered NBC and Ross. The place I could really find the deals! Who knew Lane Bryant sent the returns to an actual STORE! WOW!  What a lucky find! 

Now, I have discovered online Lane Bryant Shopping! WOW, what a rush! I can't believe my good fortune! I can see every Wednesday morning on what is on clearance and how cheap it is.

My favorite price is $12.99 for suit jackets. I love it.

My other weakness is used books. Amazon.com is now my new favorite shopping website at home. I love it. It is a wonderful easy thing to use. Three clicks and I the book is on its way to my house. I love Amazon.com.

The only thing that should stop my problem would be my lack of space in the house...clothes and books are running out of my ears!

1 comment:

Freya said...

I don't know that I can help you with the shopping (put that card down and back away) but I can totally be your poor relation that you give clothes to. I've got lots of closet space. ; )